Trio Philadelphia is a hub of creative activity with a focus on at least one big event/project each year. Recent and current projects are listed below, linked to full page detailed descriptions for each. Click on each underlined title to see that event’s details.
- “Mommy Can Play Again”-a book written for the children of a family that is facing a transplant in their family. Based on a member’s real-life double lung transplant story, the book was illustrated by children of member transplant families. Limited hard copy supply is still available free; on-line copies can be viewed on-line or downloaded to your home computer printer.
- Annual “Celebration of Life” dinner event– this year was held June 16th – “Dutch Treat” and open to everyone, whether a TRIO member or not, this Jersey shore (Avon-by-the-Sea) event is a popular gathering of families who come together to celebrate some life milestone event, whether it be transplant related or not – birthday’s, anniversaries (transplant and wedding)
- “Transplant Candidate Education Workshop”– scheduled twice per year – free and open to anyone considering or waiting for an organ transplant (or just interested in the many topics on our agenda)
- Baking Heroes:TRIO supports the Gift of Life Family House with volunteers and quarterly “Cooking Heroes” events to provide baked desserts etc. for visiting families as seen in this recent event
- TRIO members compete and support with Team Philadelphia in the biennial transplant Games