Learn the facts about organ and tissue donation and help spread the word about the importance of becoming an organ and tissue donor.
- A commitment to donation will not interfere with your medical care.
- People of all ages and medical histories should consider themselves potential donors. Your medical condition at the time of death will determine what organs and tissue can be donated.
- All major religions support organ, tissue, and cornea donation as an unselfish act of charity.
- Donation should not delay or change funeral arrangements. Open casket funeral is still possible.
- In the United States, it is illegal to buy or sell organs or tissue for transplantation.