TRIO Philadelphia chapter meetings are generally held at the Gift of Life Donor Program offices, 401 N 3rd St, Phila, PA 19123, from 10am til noon on the second Saturday of each month, or when a speaker is scheduled, from 6:30 – 8:30pm on the fourth Thursday of each month – but always check in case the meeting changes by reading the most recent Chapter E-News below – or call chapter president Jim Gleason at (609)877-4493.
Read more in the E-News below (or to link to a version with live links for click throughs, click here):
Contact Jim Gleason at GleasonJim@aol.com or 609-877-4493 for information.
(Throughout this page, click on the underlined titles below to see more detail on each event)
With a focus on TRIO’s mission of Education, Advocacy, Support and Awareness, meetings offer a variety of educational, supportive and fun activities!
Each year TRIO Philadelphia participates in numerous events to promote donor awareness, help transplant patients, and to simply have fun.
- April is National Donate Life Month. TRIO, along with other area transplant organizations, is very active in promoting donor awareness, providing speakers at schools and local groups, and supporting special events such as the annual Dash for Donor Awareness hosted by Gift of Life Donor Program.
- TRIO’s Multi-Organ Support Team (MOST) hosts monthly presentations by noted transplant surgeons and other professionals.
- Quarterly Transplant Movie Nights present films followed by thoughtful discussion of transplant related topics from the movie.
- Each summer TRIO Philadelphia joins with other similarly focused groups to offer picnics and other fun activities, and in alternate years sends athletes to the US Transplant Games as part of Team Philadelphia.
- November kicks off Donor Sabbath events with members encouraging donor designations in talks to local religious and civic organizations. Chapter members also support local OPO Donor Recognition ceremonies honoring those who have given the gift of life through organ donation and celebrating the lives of transplant recipients.
- TRIO members volunteer in various roles at the Gift of Life Transplant Family House and the chapter participates in a quarterly “cooking heroes” program there to provide home baked foods for families staying at the house
- The chapter hosts other special events such as a Transplant Candidate’s Information event , Celebration of Life dinner social and participates in a joint organization transplant picnic (annually one Saturday in September) that brings out many who have lived through the transplant and donation process
Whether you are a recipient, spouse/family of a recipient, candidate for transplantation, caregiver, donor family member, living donor or someone interested in organ donation, we invite you to join TRIO Philadelphia (<– click here to see how). Bring your questions and concerns, as there are many members willing to lend an ear and provide an abundance of practical information.